Annual Comprehensive Visit
Yearly “Wellness” visits: If you’ve had Part B for longer than 12 months, you can use this visit to develop or update a personalized prevention help plan.
This plan is designed to help prevent disease and disability based on your current health and risk factors. Your provider will ask you to fill out a questionnaire, called a “Health Risk Assessment,” as part of this visit.
Answering these questions can help you and your provider develop a personalized prevention plan to help you stay healthy and get the most out of your visit.
It can also include:
- A review of your medical and family history
- Developing or updating a list of current providers and prescriptions
- Height, weight, blood pressure, and other routine measurements
- Detection of any cognitive impairment
- Personalized health advice
- A list of risk factors and treatment options for you
- A screening schedule (like a checklist) for appropriate preventive services. Get details about coverage for screenings, shots, and other preventive services.
- Advance Care Planning
This visit is covered once every 12 months.
Medicare Wellness Visit
A “Welcome to Medicare” preventive visit: You can get this introductory visit only within the first 12 months you have Part B. This visit includes a review of your medical and social history related to your health and education and counseling about preventive services, including these:
- Certain screenings, shots, and referrals for other care, if needed
- Height, weight, and blood pressure measurements
- A calculation of your body mass index
- A simple vision test
- A review of your potential risk for depression and your level of safety
- An offer to talk with you about creating advance directives
- A written plan letting you know which screenings, shots, and other preventive services you need
- Get details about coverage for screenings, shots, and other preventive services
This visit is covered one time. You don’t need to have this visit to be covered for yearly “Wellness” visits.
For more information, visit medicare.gov
Frequency and Cost
You can only get this visit within the first 12 months if you have Part B. This visit is covered one time.
You pay nothing for the “Welcome to Medicare” preventive visit or the yearly “Wellness” visit if your doctor or other qualified health care provider accepts assignment. The Part B deductible doesn’t apply.